The Hydra-Sentinel is an automatic shutdown system for chlorine cylinders and drums for use in areas such as water and wastewater treatment plants.
The shutdown system is designed as an additional line of defence to an approved safety plan. Its specific purpose is to automatically shut the primary isolation valves on the containers in the event a significant gaseous chlorine leak is detected via a chlorine leak detector.
The system may be supplied with an integral chlorine leak detector if required. The control unit includes integral power supply & battery backup. An air regulator provides air at a reduced pressure (600 kPa) to the Hydra-Sentinel air box and from there, to a maximum of 8 actuator arm assemblies. Each arm is clamped directly to a chlorine container valve.
The system’s principal benefit is intended to be the protection of plant and equipment from accelerated corrosion caused by chlorine gas escape while the installation is unmanned. It is also intended to supplement and enhance the protection against exposure to chlorine gas (and/or other toxic gases) afforded to operating personnel and the public after a leak has occurred.
The control panel includes (7) light indicators for:
- Power on
- Power loss
- Low air pressure
- Low battery voltage
- Leak detected
- Remote shutdown activated
- Flashing warning light indicating the power switch is in the off position
- Battery back-up included with each system
- Remote pneumatic panel with built in air pressure gauge
- Unique purpose built yoke mounted actuator arm, designed to connect directly to the yoke of a Wallace & Tiernan vacuum regulator without the need for additional adaptors.
- Inhibit function for use when changing containers
Major & minor – Yearly major service and 6 monthly minor service recommended