TRILITY respects the privacy rights of all individuals in the workplace.
TRILITY is committed to ensuring that all Directors and others involved in the management of TRILITY comply, at all times, with their obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)(Act).
Pursuant to the Act, TRILITY has chosen to be bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs). The NPPs ensure that organisations, like TRILITY, handle information held about people responsibly.
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that TRILITY collects, and the ways in which TRILITY uses that personal information.
Personal Information Collection
TRILITY may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Tax File Numbers
- Information relating to the personal background of these workplace participants (such as their home address, sex, date of birth, nationality, languages spoken, their employment history, their educational qualifications, any illnesses and details of contact people in the event of any emergency)
- Information documenting the work history of these workplace participants (such as their letter of appointment and bank account details as well as records of any salary adjustment, written warnings, salary sacrifice documents and sick leave taken)
Using Personal Information
TRILITY may use your personal information to:
- Ensure that both TRILITY and any workplace participants are meeting their obligations under relevant legislation as well as their contract of employment
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all workplace participants at times when they are performing work for TRILITY; and
- Respond to queries from financial institutions (i.e. if employee has applied for a loan). Note: TRILITY’s policy is to obtain verbal approval prior to disclosing the personal information sought
TRILITY will not disclose your personal information to its agents or subcontractors for these purposes, without first obtaining prior written consent from the individual the information relates to.
As TRILITY is part of the TRILITY Group Pty Ltd, such information is accessible to certain authorised officers of other companies within the TRILITY Group, including related companies to TRILITY.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, TRILITY may disclose your personal information to the extent it is required to do by law or in connection with any legal proceedings.
Security of Personal information
- TRILITY will take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information
- All personal information provided will be stored on secure servers
Access to your personal information
- On request to the contact person stipulated below, you are entitled to gain access to your personal information. TRILITY may deny access to personal information in some circumstances (please refer any questions regarding these exceptions to the contact below)
Head of Shared Services
Telephone: +61 8 8408 6500
This privacy statement was last updated on April 2013.